Sunday, April 5, 2015

Update, and some propositions

First, let me post this week's update


This week, in addition to the standard 3 shot update, I have added the soundtrack, composed by Junhee Kim, into the film. I just placed it on the timeline now, and it, alongside the voices, will be added later. Needless to say, the lipsynching is also in the works. Note the sequence of Mighty Dog rescuing Mighty Girl being left out of this week's update. This I will explain.

This week I have to choose between two propositions, and I need everyone's help to decide what to go with. When Mighty Girl defeats the Monster, she falls, and Mighty Dog has to save her. Then the crowd cheers, and she arrives to the stage riding Mighty Dog.

This version of events is the one that was initially approved, but I personally feel that Mighty Girl falling with Mighty Dog saving her interrupts the flow of action and in addition, makes the crowd shot confusing, since it would be "are the clapping to the monster's defeat, or to Mighty Girl being saved by Mighty Dog?". Here is where I present the alternative:

This version gives Mighty Girl the power to leap tall bounds. In addition to not needing the "saved by Mighty Dog" bit, this also allows me to make a much more dynamic initial entry for Mighty Girl, allow her to land on the stage in her own fashion, allow the course of events to flow faster, and save time with not having to animate a few shots. While I feel this may be better for the movie, I want to see if others think the same before I change it.
That's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment